|This is the transparent gum stick|
Hello my lovelies? How you all doing? Happy easter and I hope the celebration is going on well and our prayers are with the people of Sri Lanka, may the souls of the departed rest in the bossom of the Lord.
So for today’s post, I will be sharing with you guys the usefulness of this seemly insignificant instrument which is known as the hot glue gun or however you know it as. Basically the glue gun uses a gum stick which when inserted melts into liquid gum which can be used for any stick on.
But for my post today I will show you in photos how I used it to repair my broken shoe heel and It was very easy and fast.
|This is the gun which the gum stick has to be inserted into.|
So, if you might want to try using it, all you’ve got to do are the following
1. Get a the hot glue/gum gun which comes in different sizes and colors of your choice,
2. Get a glue/gum stick and insert it into the gun,
3. Plug the wire of the gun into a socket and press the on button,
4. On the side of the gun is a trigger which you have to press to dispense the hot melted glum through the aluminum nozzle,
5. Clean the shoe that needs repairing and strt applying the gum evenly and generously and remember as you apply onto your sole, you have to be fast in gluing up because it dries up almost instantly. Do not wait till the gum dries up before you stick on.
6. After gluing up your sole, clean off any excess glue and using a filer or a sandpaper to buff of any dried up glue on the side and you are good to go.
You can use it to repair any shoe at all be it your slippers, your heels, sneakers or even any item outside the shoe category such as flower appliques for your clothes or any other design diys. I also used it to repair my broken handfan.
p.s: * It works and it worked for me so guys next time save that money for shoe repair and try this method and yes you can wash/clean your shoe with water and the glue won’t come off.
*you can purchase this from you local store/market or from places that sell things for sewing and I got mine for like 1500 which is about $4 and few cents and if you get to try it, don’t hesitate to tag me in your posts.
|This is my finished work.|
Looking for the perfect prom dress, look no further for with millybridal you are assured of the best.